As a dog trainer over the years I have heard countless stories from owners of many different situations where their pet has been injured. One of my clients shared with me that their Labradors were bitten by a rattlesnake and died, dogs that have eaten a pill off the floor and had a major reaction that effected their breathing, dogs cut their pads, dog fell in the pool and drowned, and dogs or cats had seizures. The list goes on and on.....
Having to rush your pet to the Emergency Vet can costs you thousands of dollars. Knowing what to do in that moment is critical. Since our pets are considered our family members, we want to make sure we have the knowledge to take care of them the best we can. We need to be able to help our pets be free of pain, make them as comfortable as possible and help save their lives when a tragedy strikes. Wouldn't you want to be able to help your pet? You can now, I am offering a First Aid/ CPR class.
"The pet patient is not breathing, call for help and begin CPR."PetSaver™ Program
According to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) 1-out-of-4 more pets woud survive, if just one pet first aid technique was applied prior to getting emergency veterinary care.
Our PetSaver™ Program is an 8 hour course that will cover a number of valuable first aid skills and information to help keep their pets happy and healthy. Additionally, the class includes our PetSaver™handbook, and upon successful completion each participant will receive a certificate.
The PetSaver™ Program covers the following topics:
- Restraining & Muzzling -Any pet that is in pain or is going to be moved into pain, can and will bite. PetSaver Handbook (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Primary Assessment- In the first 12 seconds of you being on the scene you will know what
to do and what actions to take. (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Rescue Breathing- The pet patient has a heartbeat but is not breathing when assessed after the first 2 minutes of CPR (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Canine & Feline CPR- The pet patient is not breathing, call for help and begin CPR. (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Choking Management-Conscious Choking, Unconscious Choking (Witnessed & Found) Hands on skill practice
-Choking Management- Conscious Choking, Unconscious Choking (Witnessed & Found) (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Bleeding & Shock Management-Restraint, Muzzle, Elevation, Direct Pressure, Constricting Hand/Band,
Immobilization, Shock Management & Transportation. (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Snout-To-Tail Assessment for Injury & Wellness-A deliberate and systematic assessment from the snout to the tail of the pet with intent and purpose looking for any injuries the pet does not present to you or for wellness to create a base-line of your pet's health.(Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Assessing the Pet's Vitals- If you know what is normal for your pet then you will be able to quickly
recognize when your pet is presenting not-normal. (Hands-on Skill Practice)
- Pet First Aid Kit Contents-Equipment & Supplies for Putting Together Your Own Pet First Aid Kit
- Insect Bites & Stings and Snakebite- Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival
- Heat & Cold Injuries- Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival
- Seizure- Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival
- Caring For Your Senior Pet-izen- Senior Pet-izen Care, Signs & Symptoms, Risk Factors & Euthanasia
Resource- Pet Tech, Inc
CHECK BACK WITH US ON DATE, LOCATIONS AND RATES